Jury and Upper Divisional Procedures
Both students and faculty start at this page to use the Drake University Department of Music paper-free jury system.
Instructions for Students
- Account creation:
This site uses single sign-on (SSO) through the MyDrake portal. Clicking the login link above takes you to the MyDrake login, where you enter your usual Drake credentials. User accounts within your Jury-System application are created automatically the first time you log in through SSO.
- To create and submit a Repertoire Record:
- Log in to your account if you have not already done so.
- Select "Rep Records" from the main menu.
- You will be presented with a list of your existing Repertoire Records, or a note that you have yet to create any. To create a new record, select the appropriate applied area from the "Create a New Record" dropdown. To edit an existing record, click the appropriate term name.
- Fill in the fields as indicated. If your applied teacher is not shown on the "Applied Instructor" dropdown, please contact him or her and ask that s/he create a user account on the system and notify your local administrator or
- When finished, click "Save”
- Please be aware that all students must complete a repertoire record before their jury.
- Does not apply to voice students! To sign up for a jury or audition time:
- Log in to your account.
- Select "Booking—>Book a Time" from the main menu.
- Choose your instrument or applied area.
- (if there are multiple time or type options) Choose the type of performance you are giving.
- Click a button to select the time you wish to perform.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Book Now."
- You will see a confirmation screen. You will also receive a confirmation email with your chosen day and time and a "cancel code."
If for any reason, you need to change a jury time for which you've already signed up, log in, choose Book a Time, enter the cancel code into the appropriate box and click the cancel button. Alternately, you may log in, choose "My Booking" and click "cancel now." Then access the booking screen to choose a new time.
Instructions for Faculty
- Account creation:
All faculty members must have user accounts with Faculty status. This site uses single sign-on (SS))through the MyDrake portal. Clicking the login link above takes you to the MyDrake login, where you enter your usual Drake credentials. User accounts within your Jury-System application are created automatically the first time you log in through SSO. To be listed in the dropdowns students use to designate their applie teacher, faculty must also be added to the appropriate applied area group. If tyour students do not see your name in the dropdown, please contact your local administrator or
- Viewing the schedule for your area:
After logging in to your faculty account, the current jury schedule can be seen by choosing “Schedules—><your area>” from the main menu.
- Evaluating a jury:
From the schedule page for your area, click on a student’s name to see a list of that student’s repertoire records sorted by date, with the most recent at the top. Click on the title of the desired record to see the entire repertoire record and a jury comment form for that student. Fill out the jury form. When finished, click the submit button. Your comments will be emailed to the students and his or her professor, and you will be returned to the schedule page.